MOTIONrehab are pleased to announce we have recommenced the majority of our services.
The safety of our clients, their families and carers, as well as our staff remains our upmost priority. Consequently, MOTIONrehab are implementing robust infection control and using PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as determined by Government guidelines, to ensure that the risk of you getting an infection while you are attending for therapy is as low as possible.
To ensure the safety of all our clients, visitors and staff we have made changes to how we are operate and have implemented some new/additional procedures both before and during your consultation to maximise infection control in our clinic locations and during our home visit consultations.
1. Virtual Appointments
During the pandemic we have developed our virtual clinics for remote physiotherapy appointments and we will continue to offer these remote consultations moving forwards. To book a virtual appointment please contact our office as usual and let the administration team know you would like a remote session. To participate you will require an internet enabled device. Your therapist will send a secure link to a video calling platform prior to the scheduled appointment for you to ‘meet’ with your physiotherapist.
2. Clinic-Based Appointments
Our clinics in Leeds and Hull will be reopened. Unfortunately, our other clinics are located in leisure centres that are still required to remain closed by the Government. MOTIONrehab are than happy to accommodate your appointment at an alternative clinic if required, please contact the administration team to book into an alternative clinic.
3. Home Visit Appointments
We will be offering home visits across the region.
4. Nursing or Residential Home Appointments
MOTIONrehab recognise that many individuals in nursing or residential homes benefit from our services. However, there are increased risks to both clients and staff when under-taking treatment sessions in nursing or residential homes, albeit with wide variations in risk across these settings.
MOTIONrehab will permit the provision of physiotherapy after a risk assessment with the client, their families and the management of the nursing or residential home has been completed to identify the level of risk and precautions needed to mitigate it. Treatment in nursing or residential homes will therefore be provided on a case by case basis and dependent on the outcome of a risk assessment. The safety of staff and clients remains the priority.
New /additional Clinic Procedures
- All clients will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire prior to their initial appointment after the reopening. We will contact you by telephone and this should only take a few minutes. This will include relevant questions about any Covid-19 symptoms experienced by you or those in your household.
- A temperature check will be undertaken for all staff, clients and visitors prior to entering our clinics. Any individual with a temperature beyond 37.8°C will not be permitted access to the building. And will be advised to contact NHS 111 in line with national guidelines.
- Hand washing or alcohol gel will be undertaken by all staff, clients and visitors prior to entering our clinics.
- Robust hand hygiene, before and after every therapy session and/or wearing of gloves as appropriate.
- All staff will be wearing masks and aprons as per Public Health England’s recommendations.
- We politely request all visitors wear a face mask while in clinic. Clients will be requested to wear them where practical and able. You may bring your own or they are available to buy in clinic buy for a fee of £0.50.
- All hard surfaces and fabric items used as part of the therapy session will be cleaned after every use.
- Room sanitizer ‘air bombs’ will be deployed in all clinics according to the manufacturer’s instructions on a weekly basis.
- We politely request only one person to accompany the client.
- Where possible carers or family members only stay during therapy sessions if absolutely necessary. We understand each client has their own specific needs that may require a family member to remain present, consequently, if you have any concerns please discuss this with your treating therapist.
New /additional Home Visit Procedures
- All clients will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire prior to your scheduled home visit. We will contact you by telephone and this should only take a few minutes. This will include relevant questions about any Covid-19 symptoms experienced by you or those in your household.
- On arrival to your home you will be asked if you or any member of your household is symptomatic, unwell, has a fever, if the answer is yes to any of these then we will not proceed with the appointment.
- Your therapist will be wearing a face mask, apron and gloves.
- All of our therapists will be provided with disposable paper and hand soap. We politely request access to washing facilities in your home to enable hand washing before and after your session. If this is not possible alcohol hand gel will be used as an alternative.
All of our Covid-19 policies have been developed in line with national guidance from Public Health England and NHS England. They can be provided on request and will be made available to download from our website.
While every effort has been implemented to mitigate the risks of Covid-19 to allow you to recommence your rehabilitation as soon and as safely as possible, I am sure you will appreciate that we are unable to guarantee a completely COVID free environment. The benefit you gain from your MOTIONrehab therapy must be weighed against the risk of Covid infection. We will therefore kindly ask that clients complete an up to date consent form to acknowledge the risk, albeit minimal, prior to restarting their treatment.
As you can see, we have and will continue to make every effort to ensure your safety but if you have any specific concerns please do not hesitate to contact a member of the MOTIONrehab team.
Please be aware that as we recommence our services you may not be seen by your regular therapist, however all our staff have excellent clinical knowledge and years of experience and will be able to provide the same quality of service that you are used to receiving.
To arrange your appointment please contact our office on 0800 8600 138 or 01423 608081.